Friday, March 11, 2011

Review: Guerlain - Issima-Purifying Invigorating Mask



I have been meaning to review this product for you beauties for a while now. So here it goes. Guerlain's Issima Purifying Invigorating Mask is stated to be:
A creamy mask Purifies the skin, Restores the natural balance, Tightens pores and cleans the skin, Provides a long-lasting matt finish

What Did I find?
  • The instructions say to apply a generous layer and they mean it! This is not the product to try and skimp on in order to save, nor can I tell you beauties, that a little goes a long way. At first, this realization hurt me! I mean the mask isn’t a cheap purchase and I can understand the reason behind wanting to use as little as possible. However in doing this, you could prevent the mask from doing it’s job therefore making the product seem less effective than it actually is.
  • After applying a thin layer of the mask to my cheeks and the ‘generous layer’ to my T-zone, I could almost immediately feel the purifying aspect of the mask taking place as my skin began to tingle. The instructions say to leave the mask on for 10 minutes, and to be honest you do not need more than that. I find that after 10 minutes the tingling sensation has stopped anyhow – and this isn’t a mask where you wait for it to dry up on your face, although the thin layer applied to my cheeks has turned stiff after 10 minutes. I wash the mask off using warm water and pat my skin dry with a towel.
  • The results? Every time without fail I am amazed at how much better my skin looks and feels! I look more awake and my skin looks much healthier, having a subtle glow about it. I find that without exfoliating particles and without having to rub the mask into my skin, it works very much like how a scrub would – eliminating dry areas and somehow getting rid of some blackheads (though not a lot I must warn) and reducing the size of my pores, making my T-zone feel a lot smoother than it was to begin with.


I think this is a great ‘pick-me-up’ mask for the skin, and I actually only use this mask when I feel that my skin is in need of some extra loving care. It manages to refresh and re-hydrate my skin, absorb the oil from my t-zone and makes makeup application after use much easier and smoother. My skin looks more even and definitely feels more even. Would I repurchase this product? Maybe! Lets just say I would but I would be in no hurry! I would definitely be up for exploring some cheaper options first!

Have you beauties tried this product before? If so what did you think? Let me Know, Comment Below x x x

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I love Guerlain products, tempted to try this one out. great post babe x x

..R May A.. said...

I've never tried this before :)
great review!! x